[TV Results] WWE Raw – 2/18/2013
Fresh off the Elimination Chamber, the march to Wrestlemania XXIX began on this President’s Day edition of RAW. On this week’s show John Cena confronted his former nemesis CM Punk, Chris Jericho attempted to take down The Shield alongside Ryback and Sheamus, and WWE Champion The Rock celebrated his victory last night not only with a marching band…but with a brand spankin’ new WWE Championship belt.
Click “read more” for match results and notes from the show, taken from Jason Powell‘s much more detailed coverage at ProWrestling.net.
- Mark Henry pinned Sin Cara with the World’s Strongest Slam (1:35).
- The Miz made *WWE U.S. Champion* Antonio Cesaro tap out to the Figure Four Leglock in a non-title No-DQ match (3:45).
- *World Heavyweight Champion* Alberto Del Rio [w/ Ricardo Rodriguez] made Dolph Ziggler [w/ AJ Lee & Big E Langston] tap out to the Cross Armbreaker in a non-title match (9:40).
- Brodus Clay, Tensai, & Naomi [w/ Cameron] defeated Primo, Epico, & Rosa Mendes when Clay pinned Primo with the Running Splash.
- Jack Swagger [w/ Zeb Colter] made Daniel Bryan tap out to the Patriot Lock (8:05 of TV time).
- The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, & Roman Reigns) defeated Chris Jericho, Ryback, & Sheamus when Ambrose pinned Jericho after a springboard flying knee from Rollins (13:30).
- Randy Orton pinned Kane with the RKO after Daniel Bryan distracted Kane (10:10).
- John Cena came out to open the show and was immediately interrupted by CM Punk. Cena challenged Punk to a match next week; if Cena wins, Punk has to leave him alone but if Punk wins, he gets Cena’s Wrestlemania XXIX title shot.
- Sheamus and Ryback almost got into it during a backstage interview with Matt Striker until Chris Jericho entered and said he was teaming with them against The Shield tonight.
- After Alberto Del Rio defeated Dolph Ziggler, Big E Langston interfered and attacked Del Rio. Ziggler tried to cash it in but Ricardo Rodriguez ran off with the briefcase. He eventually got it back but was kicked in the face by Del Rio for his troubles. In short…a cash-in tease.
- Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter delivered a “State of the Union” address before Swagger’s match against Daniel Bryan. Colter continued his anti-immigrant rhetoric schtick as they build to Wrestlemania XXIX.
- Vickie Guerrero brought Paul Heyman to the ring and introduced Brad Maddox as her new assistant. Guerrero and Maddox argued over his job title until Vince McMahon appeared on the TitanTron. McMahon challenged Heyman to a fight on next week’s show.
- A match between Kofi Kingston and Damien Sandow never materialized as R-Truth made his return and saved his former tag team partner from a pre-match attack by Sandow.
- WWE Champion The Rock came out to conclude the night’s show, with the University of Louisiana-Lafayette Marching Band playing the champ into the ring. Rock officially retired the spinner belt that John Cena made famous and introduced a brand-new WWE Championship (pictured here). Cena came out to interrupt The Rock but was attacked from behind by CM Punk who clocked him with the old spinner belt. Punk threw that belt aside then pointed at Rock, saying he wanted “that one” instead to conclude the show.