Photo Credit = ROHWorld.com
This past week on their television show, Ring of Honor announced three matches for next month’s big show Glory By Honor XI. They are as follows:
- Kevin Steen (c) Vs. Michael Elgin for the ROH World Heavyweight Title
- Adam Cole (c) Vs. Eddie Edwards for the ROH Television Title
- “No Fear” Mike Mondo Vs. “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett
ROH Glory By Honor XI will take place live from the International Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada on October 13, 2012 (the day before TNA presents its biggest show of the year, Bound For Glory). To order tickets for the event, click here. For more knowledgable in-depth information about each match, check out ROHWorld.
In other ROH news, this weekend marks their final TV tapings in Baltimore, MD for 2012 and they are planning to go out with a bang by bringing back its yearly event “Survival of the Fittest”. 12 men would wrestle one another in qualifying matches, with the six winners going on to a six-way elimination match. The winner gets a shot at the ROH World Heavyweight Title currently held by Kevin Steen. Here are the qualifying matches that will take place this Saturday:
- “No Fear” Mike Mondo Vs. Kyle O’Reilly
- Homicide Vs. Roderick Strong
- [ROH TV Champion] Adam Cole Vs. Tadarius Thomas (Thomas won entrance into SotF by beating Silas Young at Death Before Dishonor X over the weekend)
- Jay Lethal Vs. QT Marshall
- Michael Elgin Vs. Rhino
- Davey Richards Vs. “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett
ROH has been holding “Survival of the Fittest” since 2004. Previous winners include Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan in the WWE), Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno in WWE/NXT), Tyler Black (Seth Rollins in WWE/NXT), and Elgin who won last year and is in the running to win once again this year.
“Survival of the Fittest” kicks off this Saturday during the Baltimore, MD TV tapings and if you’re in the area you can purchase your tickets by clicking here. For the rest of us, we’ll have to wait to see how the tournament unfolds on ROH TV…or be cheap and seek out spoilers this weekend. Either way.