Yesterday TNA held their first PPV of 2013, Genesis, live from the Impact Zone in Orlando, FL. Here are the complete results of the show, taken from TNA’s official website.
- Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Hernandez (c) defeated Joey Ryan & Matt Morgan to retain the TNA World Tag Team Titles when Guerrero pinned Ryan after a Frog Splash.
- Mr. Anderson pinned Samoa Joe after a Mic Check; Mike Knox (not named during the show) of the Aces and 8’s came out to distract Joe, giving Anderson the opening.
- Christian York pinned Kenny King in the finals of the X-Division Tournament; King immediately attacked York after the match which led into York’s X-Division title shot.
- Rob Van Dam (c) pinned Christian York to retain the TNA X-Division Title after a Five Star Frog Splash.
- Devon pinned Joseph Park; Park had an Abyss episode making it seem like he was going to win but snapped out before finishing Devon off, allowing the “Sgt. in Arms” to take advantage.
- Velvet Sky won the Knockouts Gauntlet to become the #1 Contender to the Knockouts Title, last eliminating Gail Kim; the other participants included Mickie James, Miss Tessmacher, and ODB. Kim’s foot was under the rope during Sky’s pin so there could be some issues stemming from that.
- Christopher Daniels (w/ Frankie Kazarian) pinned James Storm with his feet on the ropes to win a TNA World Title shot; Daniels will face the champion on the January 24th edition of IMPACT Wrestling.
- Sting pinned The Director of Chaos after the Scorpion Death Drop; The Aces and 8’s tried to attack Sting after, but Bully Ray came out and made the save. He and Brooke Hogan made an appearance before the match to hype up their upcoming wedding this Thursday on IMPACT Wrestling.
- Jeff Hardy (c) defeated Bobby Roode and Austin Aries in an “Elimination Rules Triple Threat” match to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Title; Aries pinned Roode to eliminate him first, and Hardy pinned Aries a few minutes after to secure the victory.
Follow The Pro Wrestling Nerd on Twitter
“Like” The Pro Wrestling Nerd on Facebook