[TV Results] TNA ‘IMPACT Wrestling’ – 2/14/2013
The road to Lockdown officially began on the Valentine’s Day edition of IMPACT Wrestling as GM Hulk Hogan announced that eight men would vie for a shot at World Champion Jeff Hardy next month…curiously enough they didn’t include Hogan’s own son in-law. Also on the show contestants from British Bootcamp made their TNA debut and a Knockouts Title match was made for next week.
Click “read more” for match results and news/notes from the show taken from Chris Shore‘s much more detailed coverage over at ProWrestling.net.
- Magnus pinned Christopher Daniels [w/ Frankie Kazarian] after a top-rope elbow drop (5:05).
- Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle fought to a no-contest when Wes Brisco and Garett Bischoff interfered (12:27).
- *TNA Knockouts Champion* Tara, Jessie Godderz, & Gail Kim defeated Party Marty & The Blossom Twins (Holly Blossom & Hannah Blossom) when Kim pinned Hannah after an Eat Defeat (11:28).
- James Storm pinned *TNA X-Division Champion* Rob Van Dam in a non-title match after the Last Call Superkick (5:48).
- Austin Aries and Bobby Roode fought to a double countout when each man refused to let the other get back in the ring (13:47).
News and Notes:
- Hulk Hogan and Sting opened the show, with Hogan saying that starting tonight eight men would compete for the right to face World Champion Jeff Hardy at Lockdown. Hogan also named Sting as “Team TNA” captain for the “Lethal Lockdown” match at next month’s PPV.
- Bully Ray complained about his injury to wife Brooke Hogan but then said it wouldn’t ruin their Valentine’s Day. Brooke then told Ray to be more careful with his wedding ring, as he left it on the sink earlier…
- After the six-man tag team match Gail Kim got on the mic and said she wanted her Knockouts Title back. Brooke Hogan came out and said she would get a shot against Tara next week…along with Miss Tessmacher and Velvet Sky in a four-way elimination match.
- Brooke Hogan tried to get Hulk Hogan to give Bully Ray the World Title shot, but Hulk said he wasn’t going to mix business and family. Hulk said his decision would be objective.
- Joseph Park told Hulk Hogan that he was going to campaign for a shot, buttons and everything as suggested by the other wrestlers, amusing Hogan who tried to explain what a “rib” was.
- Hulk Hogan came out to conclude the show but before he could make his decision about the World Title situation The Aces and 8’s came out and surrounded the ring. Sting and Bully Ray chased them off to end the show.