[TV Results] IMPACT Wrestling – 2/7/2013
Bully Ray made his return to active competition this week, teaming up with Sting to take on Devon and D.O.C. of The Aces and 8’s in a tables match. Also on the show Rob Van Dam defended the X-Division Title against Kenny King and Zema Ion, and Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Hernandez defended the TNA World Tag Team Titles against Austin Aries & Bobby Roode.
Click “read more” to see match results/storyline notes from the show. For a more detailed report check out my coverage/review over at 411Mania.
Quick Match Results:
- Rob Van Dam (c) defeated Kenny King and Zema Ion in a triple threat match to retain the TNA X-Division Title when RVD pinned Ion (5:56).
- James Storm pinned Jessie Godderz (3:05).
- Austin Aries & Bobby Roode defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Hernandez (c) to win the TNA World Tag Team Titles when Aries pinned Guerrero (17:49).
- Miss Tessmacher pinned *TNA X-Division Champion* Tara in a non-title match (6:25); Tara’s boyfriend Jessie Godderz was banned from ringside.
- Sting & Bully Ray defeated The Aces and 8’s (Devon & D.O.C.) in a tables match when Ray put Devon through a table (14:07).
- An “update” was given on TNA World Champion Jeff Hardy‘s condition following the attack two weeks ago; the MRI is negative and he will be back in two weeks…even though he’s technically healthy now.
- Jeremy Borash brought out 2013 TNA British Bootcamp winner Rockstar Spud out for an interview. It was quickly interrupted by Robbie E and Robbie T. Robbie E proceeded to make fun of Spud until the newcomer decked him with the accidental assistance of Robbie T. Spud and Robbie T then quickly celebrated as Robbie E looked on in shock.
- Bruce Prichard and D’Lo Brown were seen backstage talking about how it was their fault that Wes Brisco was even signed to TNA in the first place. They then hyped up Kurt Angle‘s eventual return/revenge on Brisco and Garett Bischoff for their betrayal.
- Wes Brisco and Garett Bischoff were given time at the start of the show to give their motivations for joining The Aces and 8’s. Bischoff’s didn’t amount to much, but Brisco said he joined the group because Hulk Hogan was forcing him to start from the bottom even though he’s a Brisco and his father gave Hogan his first pair of wrestling boots.
- At the conclusion of the tables match Hulk Hogan and Brooke Hogan came out to the ring and celebrated with the victorious team of Sting & Bully Ray. It looked like a storyline-ending celebration but with TNA you’ll never know.