[TV Results] NXT – 1/30/2013
The NXT Tag Team Title tournament continues this week as Alex Riley & Derrick Bateman team up against Leo Kruger & Kassius Ohno and, in the main event, Bo Dallas & Michael McGillicutty take on the main roster team of Primo & Epico. Also Mason Ryan makes his return to a WWE ring and Xavier Woods and NXT Champion Big E Langston get some mic time.
Click “read more” for match results and notes from the show, taken from Zack Zimmerman‘s report at ProWrestling.net.
- Kassius Ohno & Leo Kruger defeated Alex Riley & Derrick Bateman to advance to the semi-finals of the NXT Tag Team Championship Tournament (11:00).
- Mason Ryan pinned Sakamoto (2:30).
- Paige defeated Aksana by submission (3:30).
- Bo Dallas & Michael McGillicutty defeated Primo & Epico [w/ Rosa Mendes] to advance to the semi-finals of the NXT Tag Team Championship Tournament (11:00).
- Tony Dawson and William Regal provided commentary; Jim Ross joined in for the main event.
- Corey Graves attacked Alex Riley after the first match and locked him in the 13th Step until a couple of referees pried him off.
- Tony Dawson interviewed NXT Champion Big E Langston, who hyped up his upcoming defense against Conor O’Brian, saying that O’Brian’s awakening will mean nothing when he puts him to sleep permanently. The match is scheduled for next week.
- Tony Dawson interviewed Xavier Woods backstage who went all 90’s on the interviewer pointing out his Discman as well as his beeper. He hyped up his match with El Locale next week.
- After winning her match, Paige bumped into ring announcer Summer Rae on the outside. Rae appeared to brush it off, but ended up attacking Paige from behind before making her exit.
- Renee Young interviewed Sasha Banks backstage, who was still ecstatic about her victory over Alicia Fox last week. She was handed a note from an apparent “secret admirer”, setting that storyline into motion.