[TV Results] WWE Friday Night Smackdown – 2/1/2013
It’s time to gear up for the Elimination Chamber and this week on Smackdown GM Booker T announced what he was planning for the event. Also on the show one of the best teams ever officially broke up, an “All-American American” returned, and in the main event Alberto Del Rio took on Dolph Ziggler in a…non-title match. Hm.
Click “read more” for results and other notes from the show taken from Chris Shore‘s much more detailed live report at ProWrestling.net.
- Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara defeated *WWE Tag Team Champions* Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan & Kane) in a non-title match when Mysterio pinned Bryan after a top-rope splash (11:00).
- The Great Khali [w/ Hornswoggle & Natalya] pinned Jinder Mahal [w/ Heath Slater & Drew McIntyre] with the Punjabi Plunge (1:54).
- Sheamus and Damien Sandow fought to a no-contest when The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, & Roman Reigns) interfered (3:15); The Shield then laid Sheamus out with a triple powerbomb after the match.
- Randy Orton pinned *WWE I.C. Champion* Wade Barrett in a non-title match with the RKO (4:07).
- Jack Swagger defeated Kofi Kingston by submission with the Ankle Lock (7:02).
- *World Heavyweight Champion* Alberto Del Rio defeated Dolph Ziggler [w/ AJ Lee & Big E Langston] in a non-title match by submission with the Cross Armbreaker (14:00).
- Booker T opened the show with a ring full of wrestlers, saying that the winner of the Elimination Chamber at, erm, Elimination Chamber would go on to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania 29. Dolph Ziggler opted out of the match due to having the Money in the Bank briefcase. Jack Swagger also made his return and entered himself into the running as everyone will be wrestling for the six spots in the Chamber match. That paragraph was probably confusing.
- Dissension continued to be teased between Team Hell No as both men argued ringside after their non-title loss.
- Alberto Del Rio waited out in the parking lot for most of the episode, lead pipe in hand, waiting for The Big Show. Show finally arrived, and Del Rio smashed the windshield with said pipe before chasing him around the parking lot. Show eventually escaped via another car.
- The Rhodes Scholars (Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes) announced backstage to Booker T & Teddy Long that they were officially ending their tag team via Sandow reciting a poem.
- Matt Striker tried to interview Wade Barrett backstage after his loss to Randy Orton, but Barrett made a beeline to Bo Dallas and beat him up instead.
- The Big Show returned at the end of the show after the Del Rio/Ziggler match via TitanTron, laying out Ricardo Rodriguez with the K.O. Punch backstage.