[TV Results] IMPACT Wrestling – 1/31/2013
IMPACT Wrestling makes its home in the United Kingdom for the next four weeks and TNA kicked things off with the return of Open Fight Night featuring challenges from Velvet Sky, Joseph Park, a returning (and British) TNA wrestler, and a steel cage main event between Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson. GM Hulk Hogan also made his return to the show and Bully Ray, Brooke Hogan, & Sting once again pleaded for Ray’s reinstatement. And to top it all off, two new members of The Aces and 8’s were revealed.
Click “read more” for results/storyline notes from the show. For a more in-depth look at the show check out my report over at 411Mania.
- Open Fight Night Challenge: Magnus defeated *TNA Television Champion* Devon by Disqualification when The Aces and 8’s interfered (5:11).
- Open Fight Night Challenge: Joseph Park pinned Robbie E [w/ Robbie T] with a second-rope splash (3:30).
- Open Fight Night Challenge: Austin Aries [w/ Bobby Roode] pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr. [w/ Hernandez] with the Brainbuster (10:31); Aries/Roode get a shot at the Tag Team Titles next week.
- Open Fight Night Challenge: Velvet Sky & James Storm defeated *TNA Knockouts Champion* Tara & Jessie Godderz when Sky pinned Tara with In Your Face (3:49).
- Steel Cage Match/Open Fight Night Challenge: Kurt Angle defeated Mr. Anderson by submission with the Ankle Lock (15:20).
- Magnus made his return to TNA after a three month hiatus and chased off Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) who showed up dressed like Braveheart extras before challenging Devon for Open Fight Night.
- After much prodding from Bully Ray, Sting, and Brooke Hogan, GM Hulk Hogan finally reinstated Ray as a member of the TNA roster. He then made a match for next week: Ray and Sting against The Aces and 8’s in a tables match.
- TNA President Dixie Carter announced, via awkwardly edited in video, that IMPACT Wrestling is leaving the Impact Zone in Orlando, FL and taking their weekly TV show across the country. This begins March 14th in Chicago, IL.
- Austin Aries and Bobby Roode get a tag team title shot against Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Hernandez next week by virtue of Aries’ singles win over Guerrero on this show.
- Wes Brisco and Garett Bischoff revealed themselves to be members of The Aces and 8’s at the end of the show, locking the cage and double-teaming their former mentor Kurt Angle. Angle’s friend Samoa Joe was taken out backstage before the main event and was unable to help.
- A quick update on TNA World Champion Jeff Hardy: an MRI was done. That’s it. No news until next week. Easily the worst part of the show.