[TV Results] WWE Friday Night Smackdown – 1/25/2013
With two days to go until Royal Rumble, WWE presented the “go-home” edition of Smackdown featuring another verbal confrontation between WWE Champion CM Punk and his challenger this Sunday The Rock. Also on the show Booker T goes one step above making on the fly tag team matches, Natalya is in action against Rosa Mendes, and 3MB continue to be cannon fodder this time for Randy Orton.
Click “read more” for full results/storyline notes, taken from Jake Barnett‘s much more detailed coverage at ProWrestling.net.
1. Sheamus pinned *WWE I.C. Champion* Wade Barrett in a non-title match after the Brogue Kick (11:50).
2. Natalya pinned Rosa Mendes with a roll-up after Hornswoggle distracted Mendes at the announce booth (2:38).
- Notes: Hornswoggle, The Great Khali, Primo, and Epico all joined Josh Matthews and JBL on commentary for the match.
3. Randy Orton defeated Drew McIntyre [w/ Heath Slater & Jinder Mahal] by DQ when Mahal interfered (1:07).
- Post-Match: Orton gave all three members of 3MB RKO’s for sh*ts and giggles.
4. The Miz defeated Darren Young (w/ Titus O’Neil) by submission with the Figure Four (2:02).
- Notes: U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro sat in on commentary to hype his defense against Miz this Sunday.
5. *World Heavyweight Champion* Alberto Del Rio [w/ Ricardo Rodriguez] & *WWE Tag Team Champions* Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan & Kane) defeated The Big Show & The Rhodes Scholars (Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes) when Del Rio pinned Rhodes after an enziguri (13:06).
- Post-Match: Show knocked Del Rio out with the K.O. Punch then dumped the announce table over him. Show counted to ten in English, then counted to ten once again in Spanish before leaving.
-The show opened with Alberto Del Rio, Team Hell No, The Big Show, and The Rhodes Scholars all arguing with one another. Naturally that brought out GM Booker T to announce a six-man tag team match with all six men as the main event of tonight’s show.
-WWE Champion CM Punk and Paul Heyman came out to once again address the WWE Universe before his title defense this Sunday. Punk reiterated Vince McMahon‘s decree that if The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, & Roman Reigns) interfere in his match he is stripped of the championship immediately. Punk called The Shield out to the ring and out they came. After denying that they work for him, Punk told them flat out to not interfere in his match on Sunday because the true injustice would be if he were stripped of the WWE Championship because of it and he wanted to win on his own terms. The Shield then left without saying anything and Punk turned his attention to The Rock once again predicting victory in two days. The Rock then came out to refute Punk’s claim that The Shield weren’t his lackies and that he was going to leave as WWE Champion. The Rock said he would kick Punk’s candy ass then asked him if the walls are closing in on him as they got closer to their match. Rock finished with saying that when he lifts Punk for the Rock Bottom, Punk won’t be thinking “Best in the World” he’ll be thinking “it’s over”.