[TV Results] WWE Friday Night Smackdown – 1/4/2013
This week on Smackdown…
- Randy Orton and Sheamus team up to take on The Big Show and WWE U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro in the main event.
- The Miz and Heath Slater have a surprisingly long match.
- Wade Barrett defends the IC Championship against Kofi Kingston, making it their 390420343205th match in the past month.
- Tamina Snuka gets a chance to actually wrestle.
Click “read more” for match results/segment rundowns from this week’s show taken from Jake Barnett’s live coverage at ProWrestling.net.
1. The Miz pinned Heath Slater (w/ Jinder Mahal & Drew McIntyre) in 16:19.
2. The Great Khali, Hornswoggle, & Natalya defeated Primo, Epico, & Rosa Mendes when Khali pinned Epico in 3:32.
3. Wade Barrett (c) pinned Kofi Kingston to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship in 16:47.
4. Tamina Snuka pinned Layla in 3:18.
5. Sheamus & Randy Orton defeated *World Heavyweight Champion* The Big Show & *WWE United States Champion* Antonio Cesaro when Sheamus pinned Cesaro in 14:07.
- [Notes]: Sheamus tagged himself in during the match to deliver the White Noise to Cesaro. Orton took offense to this and later hit the RKO on Cesaro before Sheamus could connect with the Brogue Kick. Dissension brews. They stared one another down at the conclusion of the match.
–Randy Orton came out to open the show and announced he would be in the 2013 Royal Rumble. Sheamus then came out and also announced he’d be an entrant in the 2013 Royal Rumble. They bickered for a bit and started to get into it verbally when The Big Show interrupted. He said that if either of them won they’d be lining up for a punch to the face. Antonio Cesaro then came out and said Americans were lazy for just talking and not taking action. This prompted Booker T to come out and announce the tag team main event for the show.
–Josh Matthews informed everyone that CM Punk has been medically cleared for Monday and will defend the WWE Championship against Ryback in a TLC Match on Raw.
Digging the site? Leave a comment below, or follow/interact with me on Twitter. You can also “like” the site on Facebook if that’s your bag or keep abreast of any updates (plus other wrestling stuff) on the official Tumblr. I am everywhere for I am a virus.