[iPPV Results] ROH Final Battle 2012: Doomsday
The final ROH iPPV of 2012 has come and gone. Click “read more” for full results of the show in all their bare bones glory, courtesy of Chris Shore‘s live (and actually detailed) coverage at ProWrestling.net.
1. Roderick Strong pinned Michael Elgin (11:31).
- [[Notes]]: Truth Martini made his way out during the match and tossed in the Book of Truth. Strong got a hold of it and clocked Elgin with it before finishing him off with the Strong Bow. Afterwards Martini tried to get both men back into The House of Truth but neither wanted in. Enraged, Martini slapped Elgin and got a buckle bomb as well as a spinning back fist for his troubles.
2. Jay Lethal pinned Rhino (9:33).
- [[Notes]]: Steve Corino joined Kevin Kelly and Caleb Seltzer on commentary. After the match Corino goaded Lethal back into the ring by insulting his mother, and Jimmy Jacobs emerged from the locker room and attacked him from behind. Both men held Lethal up, allowing Rhino to drop him with a Gore.
3. RD Evans pinned Prince Nana (6:39).
- [[Notes]]: QT Marshall accompanied Evans ringside. Ernesto Osiris emerged and tussled with Marshall but was sent into the barricade for his troubles. After the match Tommaso Ciampa showed up in the crowd and was held back by security in his bid to attack Evans.
4. Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin/Charlie Haas) defeated Rhett Titus/BJ Whitmer in a NYC Street Fight (15:26).
5. Mike Bennett (w/ “Brutal” Bob Evans/Maria Kanellis) pinned Jerry Lynn in Lynn’s “Final” ROH Match (10:07).
- [[Notes]]: The finish came when Lynn grabbed Maria on the apron, and Maria dropped him throat-first on the top rope, allowing Bennett to connect with the Box Office Smash for the victory. After the match Lynn fought all three heels off then took the mic to thank ROH. Matchmaker Nigel McGuiness made his way out and presented Lynn with a plaque thanking him for all of his work in ROH over the years. Jay Lethal made his way out during this and demanded McGuiness give him a match against Kevin Steen or he would “take it himself”. McGuiness tried to calm him down but Lethal spit on him, causing McGuiness to kick him out of the building for the rest of the show.
6. The American Wolves (Davey Richards/Eddie Edwards) defeated Bobby Fish/Kyle O’Reilly (12:26).
- [[Notes]]: Before the match, the injured Mike Mondo came out to cut a promo. Fish/O’Reilly came out to mock him, and then ended up attacking him from behind. Richards came out to make the save and was the victim of a 2 on 1 attack until Edwards finally made his way out to defend his partner.
7. Matt Hardy pinned *ROH Television Champion* Adam Cole in a non-title match (11:41).
8. The Briscoes defeated S.C.U.M. (Steve Corino/Jimmy Jacobs) (c) and Caprice Coleman/Cedric Alexander win the ROH Tag Team Titles for the 8th time (7:05).
- [[Notes]]: After the match, Jay Briscoe got on the mic and promised Coleman/Alexander the first shot at their newly-won titles.
9. Kevin Steen (c) defeated El Generico in a Ladder War to retain the ROH World Heavyweight Title (27:57).
- [[Notes]]: A newly-designed ROH Heavyweight Title, viewable here, hung from the rafters. There was no post-match promo from Steen, just his theme music to end the show.