[TV Results] WWE Friday Night Smackdown – 11/30/2012
This week on Smackdown Damien Sandow continues to tread water, John Cena makes a rare wrestling appearance, and in the main event Dolph Ziggler takes on former World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus. And given Sheamus’ upcoming match against The Big Show at TLC, you can guess how that one turns out.
Click “read more” for a breakdown of the matches, plus storyline/segment notes. All information about this show taken from Jake Barnett‘s far more detailed coverage over at ProWrestling.net.
1. John Cena pinned Alberto Del Rio (16:14).
- Post-Match: Dolph Ziggler struck Cena with the Money in the Bank briefcase while he celebrated on the ramp.
2. The Great Khali pinned David Otunga (1:15).
- Notes: Hornswoggle distracted Otunga by sitting on him, causing the former Harvard grad to chase him around the ring before getting Brain Chopped by Khali for the loss.
3. [WWE I.C. Champion] Kofi Kingston/[WWE Tag Team Champions] Team Hell No defeated Wade Barrett/The Prime Time Players (14:35).
- Notes: Daniel Bryan made Darren Young tap out to the No Lock to score the victory for his team.
4. Damien Sandow pinned Tyson Kidd (2:30).
5. 3MB defeated The Usos (4:32).
- Notes: Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal did the wrestling for the 3MB trio while Drew McIntyre hung out ringside. Mahal pinned Jey Uso to win the match for his team.
6. Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler by DQ when The Big Show interfered (No Time Listed).
- Post-Match: Show and Ziggler double teamed Sheamus until John Cena made the save. Cena knocked Ziggler out with the Attitude Adjustment, then he and Sheamus double shoulderblocked Show out of the ring. They then hugged and celebrated to end the show.
The Segments/Other Notes
–Josh Matthews and JBL handled commentary.
–John Cena came out to open the show. He chided Dolph Ziggler, making fun of him for his 120 second reign as World Champion and accusing him of having no identity without the Money in the Bank briefcase. Alberto Del Rio interrupted and proclaimed that Smackdown was “his show” before reminding Cena that the last time they wrestled he lost. Cena contemplated that then told Del Rio they had a match right now, sending Del Rio out of the ring with a punch. This led into the first match of the evening.
–Kofi Kingston met with Team Hell No backstage and asked if they were going to be able to get along for the six man tag later in the night. Daniel Bryan and Kane complimented each other and chanted “Yes!”, so apparently they’re now solid team due to the ending of Monday’s show.
–John Cena met backstage with Smackdown GM Booker T, saying that if he saw Ziggler before his match with Sheamus he was going to knock him out due to Ziggler’s post-match attack earlier in the show. Booker pleaded with him not to and Cena reluctantly agreed.
–Matt Striker interviewed Sheamus. Sheamus said he was going to kick Dolph Ziggler‘s head off tonight during their match.
–Damien Sandow introduced a new aspect of his character before his match with Tyson Kidd where he decided that he would mentor one audience member at a time instead of “the masses” as he’s always proclaimed. He invited an audience member to the ring, asking two easy questions, and then stumping him on the third. Due to the audience member’s failings, he received a tongue lashing from Sandow who said he had shamed the state of Louisana due to his stupidity. He “thanked” the crowd to end the segment.
–Matt Striker interviewed Dolph Ziggler. He made his usual anti-John Cena remarks, saying he can’t be trusted, and told Sheamus that when they met tonight, Sheamus would be looking at the next World Heavyweight Champion.