[PPV Results] TNA Turning Point 2012
The 2012 edition of Turning Point is now in the record books. Who is the new number one contender (and who won’t get a title shot for another year)? Did Joseph Park and Kurt Angle each successfully overcome the Aces and 8’s? Did Eric Young show up to tag team with his wife? And, most importantly, was Jeff Hardy successful in retaining the World Title?
Click “read more” for full results of the show plus any notes about the match/post-match that are pertinent to know. Credit for these results goes to Jason Powell who covered the event in full over at ProWrestling.net so go there for a more detailed analysis.
General Show Notes:
- Turning Point opened with Taz, radio personality Buckethead (not this Buckethead unfortunately), and Bully Ray who tried to organize a record-setting mass text. The goal: donate to the Hurricane Sandy relief fund (the whole 10$ American Red Cross donate thing).
- The show ran a three man booth, with Todd Keneley joining Mike Tenay and Taz for the entire broadcast. Jeremy Borash handled all the backstage interviews.
- Turning Point aired live from the Impact Zone in Orlando, FL.
-1. Samoa Joe (c) defeated Magnus by submission in a No-Disqualification Match to retain the TNA Television Title.
-2. ODB/Eric Young defeated [TNA Knockouts Champion] Tara/Jesse Godderz.
-3. Rob Van Dam (c) pinned Joey Ryan to retain the TNA X-Division Title.
- Notes: Before the match, Ryan cut a promo and said that he told Matt Morgan to stay in the back to prove a point but on IMPACT Wrestling it was GM Hulk Hogan who banned him from ringside. Weird. After the match Morgan hit the Carbon Footprint on RVD in the entrance area.
-4. The Director of Chaos pinned Joseph Park.
- Notes: Park turned into Abyss for a brief moment wrestling-wise at the sight of his own blood, keeping that whole “split personality” thing alive. After the match, DOC went to attack Park with a hammer but Bully Ray came out and chased him off. He then raised Park’s arm in victory.
-5. Chavo Guerrero Jr./Hernandez (c) defeated Christopher Daniels/Frankie Kazarian to retain the TNA World Tag Team Titles.
-6. James Storm defeated AJ Styles and Bobby Roode in a #1 Contenders Match.
- Notes: Storm pinned Styles, so Styles is now ineligible to receive a TNA World Title shot until Bound for Glory 2013 at the earliest.
-7. Kurt Angle defeated Devon by submission.
- Notes: The Aces and 8’s surrounded the ring but didn’t charge until Devon tapped out to the Ankle Lock. Angle fled before they got to him, and DOC audibly yelled “You’re dead!” at the Olympic Gold Medalist. I know I’m not supposed to comment on storyline stuff since I didn’t see the PPV but…what? This makes absolutely no sense.
–Main Event: Jeff Hardy (c) defeated Austin Aries in a Ladder match to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Title.
- Notes: Apparently this match was full of crazy bumps, both expected and unexpected. Aries was helped to the back as Hardy celebrated to end the show.