[TV Results] WWE Friday Night Smackdown – 10/19/2012
(Information on the show taken from Chris Shore‘s excellent recap of the show over at ProWrestling.net)
This week on Smackdown, Sheamus and Wade Barrett once again waged war, a new match was signed for Hell in a Cell, Teddy Long and Eve Torres once again vied for the ear of GM Booker T, and 3MB continued their “ascent” up the WWE ladder. Click “read more” for full results of the show, plus all the storyline development and the updated Hell in a Cell lineup.
- Randy Orton pinned The Miz.
- The Rhodes Scholars (Damien Sandow/Cody Rhodes) defeated Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel.
- [WWE World Tag Team Champions] Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan/Kane) defeated Dolph Ziggler/The Big Show.
- [WWE United States Champion] Antonio Cesaro pinned Ted DiBiase Jr.
- Heath Slater pinned Brodus Clay.
- Layla pinned Natalya.
- [World Heavyweight Champion] Sheamus pinned Wade Barrett in a Lumberjack Match.
- The show opened with MizTV. The Miz announced that he would invoke his rematch clause at Hell in a Cell and take on Kofi Kingston for the Intercontinental Title. He then introduced his guests Team Hell No. Miz called them a joke of a tag team and Kane threatened to beat him up. Miz then made a goat face joke towards Daniel Bryan. Miz then brought up his history with Bryan from NXT and said he’d be the reason they’d lose the belts at Hell in a Cell. The argument continued until The Big Show made his way out. Show said he still has a problem with Bryan due to the whole “45 seconds” thing (Bryan beat him for the World Heavyweight Title in 45 seconds awhile back). Kane came to his defense and said their match on Monday didn’t have to wait. Dolph Ziggler then made his way out and hinted again at cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase next Sunday. He said if Bryan could beat Show then he shouldn’t have a problem doing the same. Out came GM Booker T who was cut off by Miz mocking him. Booker then announced two matches: Team Hell No against Ziggler/Show and Miz against…Randy Orton.
- World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus caught up with Teddy Long. He said his matches with Wade Barrett have been continually broken up and asked for another match against him. Long said he would talk to Booker about getting them in a Lumberjack Match later tonight. Eve Torres could be seen in the background eavesdropping on the conversation.
- Teddy Long eventually caught up with Booker T and pitched the Lumberjack Match idea, but Eve Torres was already there and pretended that she came up with the idea and Long was trying to steal it. Long protested but Booker and Torres left together. Long stayed behind and noticed that Torres left her iPad. He then began to snoop through it.
- Before his match against Ted DiBiase Jr., a video of WWE U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro played from earlier in the day. He was on location at the Memphis music landmark Sun Studios. He ran down all the music greats that recorded there and said it was reasons like these that he needed to be the WWE’s United States Champion.
- 3MB (Heath Slater/Jinder Mahal/Drew McIntyre) cut a promo in the ring before Slater’s match against Brodus Clay.
- Wade Barrett was interviewed by Matt Striker about his impending Lumberjack Match. Barrett called Sheamus stupid for wanting a match against him two weeks before he’s set to face The Big Show and said he was going to do Show a favor by hurting the World Heavyweight Champion. He then said that when Show beat him for the belt, he wanted the favor to be repaid.
- Kaitlyn showed up backstage looking for her phone when Teddy Long stopped her, Torres’ iPad in his hands. He showed Kaitlyn the information and she took pictures of it with her phone which she apparently found. Kaitlyn then told Long to put it back and not let Torres know he took it. Hopefully she doesn’t watch Smackdown re-runs on Hulu Plus.
- After Sheamus was victorious in his lumberjack match, Dolph Ziggler ran in and hit the Zig Zag. He attempted to cash in his briefcase but The Big Show knocked him out with the K.O. Punch. Show booked it to the ramp and grabbed a mic, telling Sheamus that what he did to Ziggler was going to happen to him at Hell in a Cell. This segment ended the show.
- Josh Matthews and John “Bradshaw” Layfield once again handled commentary. I guess this team is sticking until further notice.
WWE Friday Night Smackdown airs every Friday at 8PM/7PM on the SyFy Channel, with a replay of the show going up the next day on Hulu Plus.
Updated Hell in a Cell 2012 Lineup
Hell in a Cell: CM Punk (c) Vs. Ryback for the WWE Championship
Sheamus (c) Vs. The Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton Vs. Alberto Del Rio
Kofi Kingston (c) Vs. The Miz for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Team Hell No (c) Vs. Winners of the Tag Team Tournament (Rhodes Scholars or Mysterio/Cara) for the WWE World Tag Team Championship