[TV Results] WWE Friday Night Smackdown – 10/12/2012
Note: In addition to my actual TV coverage, I will also be trying to post results of TV shows that I miss on a weekly basis. These will just have the match results and important storyline notes, free of my droll commentary and opinions. In other words you’ll probably like these more. Let’s see how this goes.
All information on matches/storylines come straight from the ProWrestling.net coverage of the show (some of the storyline stuff will be taken verbatim from there, but not a complete hatchet job don’t worry).
- [World Heavyweight Champion] Sheamus pinned Tensai.
- Heath Slater/Jinder Mahal (w/Drew McIntyre) defeated Zack Ryder/Santino Marella.
- Kane defeated Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero) by Disqualification.
- The Big Show pinned Kofi Kingston.
- Sin Cara pinned Damien Sandow (w/Cody Rhodes).
- Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) defeated Daniel Bryan by Submission.
- Sheamus and The Big Show started the night off by a test of strength; each man hit a speed bag with their finisher to see which was strongest. Big Show’s WMD proved to be far stronger than the Brogue Kick.
- Alberto Del Rio sent a nervous Ricardo Rodriguez to go looking for Randy Orton, who tweeted that he was going to be at the show. Rodriguez went on the search and was scared out of his mind by a hissing sound. Turns out it was Santino Marella wearing his “Cobra” and he “struck” Rodriguez with it.
- The trio of Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, and Jinder Mahal officially christened themselves “The Band” and debuted a new synchronized air guitar taunt.
- Before the Kane/Ziggler match, we saw a TOUT from Ziggler challenging “The Big Red Machine”. Guess they didn’t forget they owned stake in that company after all.
- The Miz joined in on commentary during the Show/Kingston match and cut a promo after Kingston lost saying he was going to leave Main Event with his head held high after retaining his Intercontinental Title.
- Smackdown GM Booker T was joined in his office by Layla, Kaitlyn, and Teddy Long. They told Booker that Aksana found a blonde wig in Eve Torres’ bag, pointing to her as the one who actually attacked Kaitlyn at Night of Champions. Torres then came in and said she found a blonde wig in Long’s bag and put it on his head. Booker, Kaitlyn, and Layla left the office, leaving Long and Torres to both proclaim their innocence to one another.
- Before Daniel Bryan went out to face Alberto Del Rio, he told Kane not to come help him during the match no matter what.
- After defeating Bryan, Del Rio cut a promo and said Randy Orton was messing with everyone on Twitter because he wasn’t here. He pointed to Orton being knocked out by The Big Show on Main Event as evidence. Del Rio, full of confidence, mocked Orton and dropped down to mock the RKO stance. Unfortunately for him “The Viper” was actually there and Orton laid into Del Rio all around ringside. He then grabbed Rodriguez and RKO’ed him on the announce table (which I guess didn’t break) to conclude the show.
- Commentary was handled by Josh Matthews and John “Bradshaw” Layfield sans Michael Cole. Maybe Cole is tired of being on every damn show.
- Sin Cara was not accompanied to the ring by his tag partner Rey Mysterio which is just odd. Speaking of Cara, his match against Sandow was done under the Cara “mood lighting” so that aspect of the gimmick hasn’t totally disappeared yet.
Again head to ProWrestling.net to read the full report of the show (they continually do my favorite recaps so I’ll be plugging them all the time) and if you have any thoughts on Smackdown leave a comment below.