[TNA News] Three BFG Series Matches Announced for ‘Hardcore Justice’
Dixie Carter took to Twitter today (whoa, alliteration) to announce three BFG Series matches for the upcoming August PPV Hardcore Justice. Each of these three matches will be a 4-way dance, with the winner of each netting a cool 20 points. The matches announced are as follows:
- A.J. Styles Vs. Christopher Daniels Vs. Kurt Angle Vs. Samoa Joe
- James Storm Vs. Bully Ray Vs. Jeff Hardy Vs. Robbie E.
- Rob Van Dam Vs. Mr. Anderson Vs. “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero Vs. Magnus
Here are the current BFG Series standings (via TNA’s official site), which were last updated on July 29th (I think Ray may have won a match since then but I’m not great at keeping up with every damn result ever):
- Samoa Joe 47 points (5-2) 7 MATCHES
- James Storm 45 points (3-1-2) 6 MATCHES
- Kurt Angle 41 points (5-3) 8 MATCHES
- Mr. Anderson 40 points (5-4-1) 10 MATCHES
- Jeff Hardy 28 points (4-3) 7 MATCHES
- Rob Van Dam 28 points (4-2) 6 MATCHES
- Daniels 26 points (4-2) 6 MATCHES
- Magnus 21 points (3-5) 8 MATCHES
- AJ Styles 16 points (2-2-1) 5 MATCHES
- The Pope 7 points (1-4) 5 MATCHES
- Bully Ray 7 points (1-3) 4 MATCHES
- Robbie E 5 points (1-7) 8 MATCHES
Out of those three matches announced, Storm looks to have the 20 points “in the bag” so to speak, while Styles/Joe/Daniels/Angle will almost undoubtedly be the most fun to watch. The BFG Series has been great so far, so I wouldn’t mind if a new wrinkle got involved. The fact that all three BFG Series matches are going to be 4-way contests though seems a little bit like overkill, especially since they’re all on the same show. Seems like an easy way to quickly burn a crowd out. I hope they space them out.
Hardcore Justice, which will feature Austin Aries defending the World Heavyweight Title against Bobby Roode in the main event, airs on PPV/TNAOnDemand August 12, 2012.